Sunday, December 18, 2011

San Gabriel Canyon







Today me, Seth and Adam rode up to the San Gabriel Canyon, just north of Azusa. It's probably the most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle. But like most good things, they never seem to last - the day ended with my battery dead and my bike spending the night in Glendora. Apparently there is still something wrong with the charging system.

Luckily, the battery began to really crap out when we reached the top of the mountains, so I managed to limp the bike down the hills from pull-out to pull-out, until the guys suggested just letting it roll down in neutral. So there I was, coasting down 15 miles of winding mountain roads on a dead motorcycle. It made for some pretty good, goofy smiles, watching me roll powerlessly and quietly down the mountain. But in the end, we made it all the way down into Glendora, where Kristen came and picked me up.

Other than the battery disaster, the day was pretty incredible. Perfect weather for riding, sitting, panning for gold, and falling in the river (Adam). Can't wait to fix the bike and do it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment