Thursday, December 15, 2011

Palos Verdes East



Today was pretty cloudy and some rain was in the prediction, so I decided to stay closer to home. I rode up to the Palos Verdes Peninsula and it was actually a lot of fun to peel off on roads that I haven't before, and find some amazing views of the Pacific Ocean. The whole peninsula is this odd rarity of hills, tall grasses and rock, stuck in the middle of endless urban sprawl in every direction. Besides the peninsula, I have to head about 50-60 miles in any direction to hit open land, or hills, or fields, or any of that. I really like Long Beach, but it's not very accommodating for someone who loves rural landscapes. But I do what I can. Anyway, I made it out there and back, before the first rain drops started dropping on me about two blocks from home. Not a bad afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment