Saturday, December 10, 2011

Guzzi Means Butt





Today was the best Saturday I've had in a while. Kristen and I got up, got dressed and rode the Hornet downtown to the Int'l Motorcycle Show. There must have been a thousand motorcycles parked at the Long Beach Convention Center - it was a pretty awesome sight. Inside the show was mostly mini-dealserships set up by each manufacturer to showcase their latest models. I did get to sit on a Triumph Scrambler, the new Moto Guzzi retro race bike, and some various dual sport bikes.

After the show, we rode down to 2nd Street and had some Sushisaurus for lunch. Delish. On the way, this old guy rode up next to us on a little BSA, and yelled out how the Honda CB360 was the first bike he ever owned, loved it and rode it everywhere. Then off he went. After eating, we got home and there was my new rectifier waiting for me in the mail. I've been having electrical/charging issues with the bike, and I've been waiting for this part to see if it fixes the problem. The part went right on with no trouble and the bike seems to be working great. Fingers crossed.

The best part of the day by far, was riding the Honda with Kristen sitting there behind me. It's a little tougher to maneuver, takes a little longer to stop, but it completely made my day. She's only been on the bike one other time, and we pretty much kept it in 2nd gear up and down the street. She was a little nervous that time, but this time, seeing that big, beautiful smile of hers, and feeling her little hands drumming on my back and legs at stoplights, let me know she was enjoying it as much as I was. It's a great feeling to be able to share a little bit of that motorcycle bliss with the one that you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment