Sunday, January 29, 2012

Roar of the Lion



This morning I finally fixed the throttle adjust problem. It wasn't that its a complicated problem, just a pain to access. I had to pull the carbs to get to where the other end of the throttle adjust screw butts up against the throttle - once I got in there, I discovered the whole thing had come out of it's little tunnel. A few precise turns and it was comfortably sitting back where it belongs. Once I got the whole carb assembly, air boxes and gas tank back together the bike fired right up and the idle was once again adjustable. So for now, no more holding the throttle open manually at stop lights just to keep the bike running.

On a side note, I took one of the mufflers off, just out of curiosity (in the pic) and it looked amazing. I'm definitely going to get some short, straight mufflers for the hornet. With one of them off, I started it up (probably not the best idea) to see how it sounded, and it was pretty incredible. The whole garage was rumbling and thumping. Somewhere deep inside the dark, fiery heart of this little bastard is a primal, bone-shaking roar that's been bridled by these ugly mufflers - I'm going to set this lion free.

No comments:

Post a Comment