Saturday, January 7, 2012

History Mystery


It's not always a bad thing to have your grandmother on facebook. My grandma posted this photo today. This is her brother, my great uncle Richard. I've never met him, but my mom says he currently lives in Salt Lake City - and used to live in El Monte, Calif. He was the cool uncle, she said, who rode motorcycles and had a pin-up girl tattoo on his arm. From what I can tell, this is probably a 1965 BSA, maybe a Sport Star? What's even more cosmic, is that these are the same mountains that I rode through a few weeks ago on the Honda, without a clue that some 45 years ago, my great uncle was up there on the same roads, on his BSA.

1 comment:

  1. I love the old pictures of my Uncle Richard, he seemed like such a rebel and I was always fascinated with that tattoo on his arm, I think he might have a couple of them. Anyway, great to see him here on your blog. I love following your stories.

    ReplyDelete