Sunday, August 28, 2011

Swap


This morning I rode across town to the monthly motorcycle swap meet that's held here in Long Beach. It was pretty awesome to see all the different bikes (hundreds!) and vendors that were there, selling everything from old, rusty bolts (already got plenty of those) to vintage helmets, patches, leather jackets, tires, etc. etc. etc.

I tried on several jackets, but nothing fit quite right. I left the meet empty handed, but that's not for lack of cool junk to buy. The throng of attendees seemed to be about 90% Harley riders (of which about 90% appeared to be "biker on the weekend" yuppie dads), and I got some strange looks (of adoration? disgust?) riding in and out again on my Honda. But it felt pretty good, as always, to look a little different than everyone else there. I love my bike :)

No comments:

Post a Comment