Saturday, May 4, 2013

Welcome Home.


For a couple of months now, I've been researching all sorts of motorcycles. I decided it was time that I get something quicker, more powerful, and more reliable than the CB360. I went back and forth between a few bikes - even looking at some newer dual sports, but something always led me back to Triumph. I even visited a couple of Harley dealerships, and something there just continues to elude me. The whole thing is just not me. They just don't appeal to me the way Triumphs do. For years, these motorcycles have been whispering to me. In my opinion, they are everything a motorcycle should be. 

One week ago I chased down a used Triumph Scrambler in a dealership up north of Hartford on the Massachusetts line. It was a 2012 going for just under 8 grand. I would have bought even older, but it's near impossible to find used Triumphs around here. I looked it over, my heart beat faster, and I left that day. I could not stop thinking about that bike. A couple days later I called the shop, and dropped a deposit on the Scrambler. This morning, the motorcycle was mine. 

When I first got on the motorcycle, it was downright frightening how powerful and quick off the line it was. I nearly had to relearn how to ride, as all I've ever ridden is a 40-year-old 360cc. After a few laps of the neighborhood however, it felt incredibly right. In no time at all, I was thumping a across town to pick up a cover for the bike, and later tonight, rode out to my boss' kids birthday bbq and back. It just loves twisty roads. It leans effortlessly and responds perfectly to everything. It's a great bike and I've just barely scratched the surface. I'm a little choppy on the thing, but I can't wait to get back on her tomorrow and learn more about what she can do. It's been a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment